Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 31 October 2010

Corner Punches on a Circle



I love this technique as the end result always looks so pretty and elegant. One day soon, I'm going to use it on a Christmas card with dark colours, I think that would look scrumptious!  but for now I've used it for a very 'girly' card.

I started by cutting a circle and marking it into 8 pieces on the back, as if you were cutting a pie into 8 equal portions. Then I lined up my 'corner adorner' punch centrally along each line and punched. I continued around the circle punching on each of the eight lines. Hey Presto! A circle with a pretty cut out in it.

This was mounted on foam pads on top of a scalloped circle.

The motif in the centre is a textured rub on, but any stamped image, sentiment or embellishment that fits in the space would work.

The lacy mat is formed by using Martha Stewart Round the Page punches. The papers are from K&Co.

Of course, I couldn't resist popping on some tiny gems just to add a little sparkle. Yes, definitely got to give this a go on a Christmas theme.

Happy Crafting

Iolanthe x

1 comment:

ymcrafter said...

yet another beautiful sample!

Yvonne