Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 25 October 2010

Missing In Action

Hi everyone, I've been missing for nearly a week. Life in 'the real' world has been very hectic and I haven't been able to spend much time playing in the evenings.

I also had to spend the whole weekend crafting on a retreat!  We had to craft, eat cake, craft, eat a delicious 2 course lunch, craft some more, eat more cake.... and so it went on from Friday night to Sunday afternoon! I know, it was a dirty job, but someone had to do it.

We all had sooooo much fun and the projects were amazing. A massive 'Thank You' to Gwen and her team for all their hard work. We had a fantastic time. I hope to post some pictures of our projects, but I need to finish them off first. Gwen is planning another retreat next year in March, so watch this space.

So,  last week I suggested I ought to make a card that doesn't involve Nestabilities........


I really love this stamp, but it is very big, so I decided to mask out a square and just stamp part of it. It is simply stamped in Encore gold. I then inked the edges gently before removing the masking tape to slightly distress and soften the edge of the stamped area.

Then I decided to use the same stamp, but this time give it the 'nestie treatment'......


This time I stamped through the nestie with versamark, covered it with Judikins Sticky Stuff and then added gold leaf. The edges were again inked gently with the gold Encore.

The edges of the background paper was stippled with gold Stickles.


Four little gold brads in the corners to finish it off. So, two ways with one stamp.

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Crafting
Iolanthe x

1 comment:

ymcrafter said...

I didn't think you would stay away from the nesties for too long!!

Yvonne