Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Friday 29 October 2010

Now For Something Completely Different.....

In my 'real life' I have a few people who have more than a passing interest in anything related to buses or trains. So when it comes to their Birthday cards it can sometimes be a challenge to come up with something a little bit different.


I created the background by masking off thin lines, to separate the various areas and created a frame around the edge of the card.

Once the areas are defined, I stamped part of a transport related stamp with versamark into each area, making sure that any of the surrounding areas had been covered. I then used a selection of chalks to colour over the stamped images. I love this technique, it always gives me a thrill to see the stamped images come back through the chalk.

The main focal bus image was simply stamped with black versafine and the edges softened with chalk and four little gold brads used on the corners just finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting

Iolanthe x

2 comments:

Anj said...

Lovely! I like the idea for the background - might have to have a play!!

ymcrafter said...

I hope the bus man enjoyed playing with his train!!!

Yvonne xx