Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Think Before You Throw That Box Away!


Well, I have been a long time missing again, but I have been very busy. First of all I have moved my crafting space from the loft into a spare bedroom that hubby had been using as his 'music room'. My ongoing medical drama was making it almost impossible to do any crafting but now, that I have my new space, I have no excuses!

So my first project was this book in a box for my dear friend Gwen's special Birthday.

The box began life as a Thornton's Premium Chocolate box. I got the chocolates at Christmas from hubby, who said he had bought them for me especially for the box as he knew I would do something with it. They are so sturdy.


The box was first lightly sanded before priming with a thin coat of gesso. I then painted it with Green Patina paint by Eco Green. It has a lovely lustre to it. I then used Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden papers to decorate both the inside and outside of the box. All the edges of the paper were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I rubbed a little gold rub and buff onto the edges of the box to age it a little.

I finished off the sides of the box with a length of sage green velvet ric-rac ribbon which worked perfectly!


The gorgeous red satin ribbon was part of the box so I used some burgundy roses and amber skeleton leaves to pull it all together. I added a Tim Holtz bookplate to highlight the little angel on the bottom of the die cut panel.


Some Prima flowers and leaves, together with some gold and pearl sprigs completed the arrangement. So, that's the box. I have to say I was really pleased with it when it was finished. I will never look at an empty chocolate boxing quite the same way.

{PS I got another box for my Birthday 2 weeks ago....and one for our Anniversary yesterday!}

Thanks for stopping by,

Iolanthe x

No comments: