Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Last Minute Christmas Gifts




I came across three of these cute little bare wooden treasure chests a few weeks ago and decided to decorate for my sisters-in-law. After sanding I covered the box with Viva Inka Gold paint using a piece of wet and dry. This is the most gorgeous creamy textured paint and a little goes a very long way. It dries with a fabulous sheen.

I then covered the box with papers from the GCD Paris Nights paper stack. Oh my, these are lovely! Easy for me to cut them up because you get more than one of each , ha ha! The edges of each piece were inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink, to give them a slightly shabby look. The paper on the outside and inside of the lid are flocked, so strokeable!!

I covered the outside base of the box with a piece of black velvet paper to stop it from scratching surfaces. I always think that makes boxes look finished and more expensive looking.

Finally I dug out my Prima bling. Oh that took a deep breath to stick that on and give it away I can tell you! I just hope they like their little boxes.

Well, that's probably me done with blogging until after Christmas Day. So, I hope you are all where you want to be.

Keep warm, and Happy Christmas.

Iolanthe xx

2 comments:

ymcrafter said...

wow, wow ,wow. Another brilliant gift. I love those papers as well as you know, love this interpretation of them. I would love it if someone gave me a gift like that!

Yvonne xx

Hazel said...

Ive popped here to let you know theres a little award on my blog I wanted to pass on to you