Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

A collector and stroker of paper and other crafting gorgeousness! Happiest when surrounded by my crafting friends and buried wrist deep in stamps, paper, ink and bling.

Starting Points

Mojo Monday Blinkie

Awards

Total Visitors

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday 18 November 2010

The Hardest Cards to Make


 


Together with cards for men, I still find it hard to come up with ideas when I have to make a sympathy card.
I always think that there is a balance to be struck between making an elegant card that shows that you care and have taken time and effort to make something special but without 'going over the top' and throwing everything that you've got at it.

I find that I often come back to this stamp for a sympathy card. I suppose I like its simple elegance. The floral flourish stamp and sympathy sentiment were stamped with Brilliance Peacock and heat embossed with clear glossy embossing powder.

The front panel was embossed using  the Creative Expressions Flourish folder. This is the first time I've used it but it is gorgeous, the embossing is really deep and crisp. The oval aperture was cut using the largest petite oval Nestability and the border punched using a Martha Stewart border punch..

A little ribbon and a few tiny gems were added for the finishing touches.

Happy Crafting

Iolanthe x




1 comment:

ymcrafter said...

so to the point but not too much, beautiful

Yvonne